We invest in the thoroughness of our processes in order to guarantee the best quality. We take care of each and every detail in the phases involving the manufacture, production and cooking of our octopus, thereby ensuring its original properties are kept intact to enable you to enjoy it as if it had just been fished from the sea.
In the next video we show you how to prepare frozen el Rey del Pulpo precooked octopus, from the best way to defrost it to how to heat it if you are going to serve it natural or in salads, for example:
1. Take the package out of the freezer.
2. Put it in a bowl with water at room temperature without removing it from the bag.
3. Let it defrost in the water for 30 minutes.
1. Chop the tentacles and place them on a plate.
2. Put it in the microwave.
3. Heat for 2 minutes at 700/800 watts and drain.
Although in the microwave is the fastest and easiest way to prepare octopus, we suggest an alternative that may be useful:
1. IN A WATER BATH: Heat it for about 5 minutes in very hot water. You can heat it directly in the pack or change it to a glass container, such as a small dish or a bowl. Remove and chop.
2. IN A FRYING PAN: If your recipe requires that we serve it chopped, it’s preferable that cut it cold to avoid losing the skin. Once this is done, in a frying pan with olive oil, heat the octopus for about two minutes until it is golden on both sides.
3. IN A COLD DISH: It can be chopped and served cold into fresh dishes, such as salads, … All you have to do is remove the product’s own gelatin. For this you must either leave it out of the refrigerator for a while at room temperature, or remove it with a kitchen utensil such as a knife or fork.
Prepare frozen precooked octopus is very easy and this type of already cooked product is a guarantee of success for your recipes. Quick and easy to prepare, the octopus maintains all its flavor and properties. And, above all, always in just right.
If the product is refrigerated, here we tell you how to prepare the precooked octopus vacuum packed.
Learn to prepare hundreds of delicious recipes with octopus and surprise your guests with presentations worthy of the best restaurants.