Did you know that out of 800,000 restaurants in the US, around 100,000 serve Italian food? That gives us a hint of how Italian food has become an essentially American food. Actually, many recipes based on Italian food have actually been created or adapted in America, such as spaghetti and meatballs, New York–style pizza, Chicago-style pizza…
Today we’ve got an incredible recipe that the entire family is sure to love. It’s an abundant one so you’ll be sure to have leftovers for days to come. Here’s our octopus-stuffed cannelloni in marinara sauce, the best seafood cannelloni recipe. Although it’s easy to make, it does take quite a bit of time to prepare. You’ll certainly be glad you invested your time in this one, though!
1 package el Rey del Pulpo precooked half octopus
1 small zucchini
10 oz fresh spinach
½ cup flour
3 1/3 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheese
Salt, pepper, and olive oil
FOR THE MARINARA SAUCE: 2 tbs tomato sauce, 1 large onion, 2 cloves garlic, 3/4 cup fish broth, ½ cup white wine, 1 heaping tbs all-purpose flour, 1 tsp sweet paprika, salt, and fresh parsley.
Ingredients: 2 tbs tomato sauce, 1 large onion, 2 cloves garlic, 3/4 cup fish broth, ½ cup white wine, 1 heaping tbs all-purpose flour, 1 tsp sweet paprika, salt, and fresh parsley.
• Start by mincing the garlic and brunoising (finely dicing) the onion. Sauté the garlic in a frying pan or saucepan with a splash of olive oil.
• Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until golden brown.
• Once the onion is golden brown, toss in a handful of minced parsley and flour. Sauté a few minutes to thicken.
• Pour in the white wine and boil until all the alcohol has burned off (about 5 minutes).
• Add the stock and tomato sauce and mix well.
• Finally, add the paprika and cook on low for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and your marinara sauce is ready to use!
Seafood cannelloni is a really versatile dish so you can prepare it with any seafood you like!
If you’re looking for more pasta dishes with octopus, we recommend trying our black pasta with sautéed octopus, it’s simply delicious.
If you liked our seafood cannelloni recipe, rate it!